James Makshanoff, presently the mayor of San Clemente, has been picked as Pomona’s following leading executive. After a nationwide search that drew in more than 30 candidates, Makshanoff is expected to be designated mayor at the City board meeting Monday, Dec. 16.
If his contract is accepted, Makshanoff will certainly obtain a salary of $275,000.
“He has actually demonstrated integrity, a readiness to pay attention, and also the ability to obtain points done,” Mayor Tim Sandoval claimed in a statement announcing the relocation.
Before his tenure in San Clemente, Makshanoff served as city manager in Azusa from 2012-2014, after working as assistant mayor and also deputy public works supervisor.
Sandoval cited Makshanoff’s experience with Azusa during the building of the Gold Line and “related development will certainly be important to the City as we prepare the building of the Gold Line to
Pomona.”Mayor Tim Sandoval announced in March that long time City Supervisor Linda Lowry will certainly retire at the end of the year.
Lowry’s last day with Pomona will certainly be Dec. 31. Deputy Mayor Mark Gluba will certainly act as acting city supervisor up until Makshanoff begins on Jan. 21, 2020.
- Exactly how you can aid Pomona find its new mayor
- Reimagining Pomona: Mayor contacts neighborhood to shape city’s future
- Do aliens exist? If so, this Cal Poly Pomona elderly might have the ability to interact with them
- This purchasing extravaganza in Pomona will appeal to Latino millennials
- $ 1.3 million give aids Cal Poly Pomona deal evening childcares, increase services
Pomona employed the company Ralph Andersen & & Associates to perform the national search.